4aGoodCause uses the Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) service to store and charge the credit cards of your monthly donors. If a donor enrolls as a monthly giver on your donation page, we automatically create a subscription for that donor in the ARB service. This subscription stores the payment information and charges the card each month.
If a donor contacts you needing to cancel their monthly gift, you should login to Authorize.net and cancel their ARB subscription.
To cancel an active subscription please follow these steps:
- Log into your Authorize.net Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net
- Click Recurring Billing in the main left side menu.
- Click the link to view your Active subscriptions.
- Find the subscription in the list of results. Subscriptions that come from our pages are named by the donor's name.
- Click the Subscription ID in the far left column.
- From the ARB Subscription Detail page, click Edit Subscription in the top right corner of the page.
- From the Edit Subscription page, click the Cancel Subscription link in the top right corner of the page. A confirmation dialogue box appears.
- Click Yes to continue the cancellation of the subscription or click Cancel if you want to cancel the action.
Learn more about the ARB service in these tutorial videos.