Step two of connecting 4aGoodCause and Authorize.net involves your Silent Post URL.
The Silent Post URL function is similar to the carbon copy (CC) function of an email message. This feature allows you to specify a URL, or Web address, to which the payment gateway should copy transactions to.
This feature allows Authorize.net to send a message to your 4aGoodCause account whenever transactions happen on the payment gateway that 4aGoodCause needs to be notified of.
For example, whenever a monthly donation goes through as part of an Automated Recurring Billing subscription, this will send 4aGoodCause a notice that this transaction was successful so we can update your reporting and send a thank you email to the donor on your behalf (should you enable these emails).
Follow these steps to find your Silent Post URL and input it into Authorize.net.
Please note: If you prefer to have 4aGoodCause connect your Authorize.net account please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obtain your Silent Post URL
- Login to https://4agc.com as a Nonprofit User.
- Click on Settings on the left menu.
- Click on Payment Gateways on the left menu.
- Copy the Authorize.net Silent Post URL listed on that page.
Input your Silent Post URL into Authorize.net
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left side menu.
- Click Silent Post URL under the Transaction Format Settings section.
- In the URL text field, paste in the URL you copied. This URL must start with either "http://" or "https://" and include no spaces after it.
- Click Submit.